This section of our website offers easy-to-understand information on a wide range of topics related to myeloma and other plasma cell disorders such as amyloidosis.
Some of these links will take you to health library sites maintained by Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian in a new window.
- What Is Multiple Myeloma?
- Multiple Myeloma in Detail
- What are the Symptoms of Multiple Myeloma?
- Statistics for Multiple Myeloma
- Am I at Risk for Multiple Myeloma?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Understanding Your Diagnosis
- Multiple Myeloma: What You Need to Know About Determining a Diagnosis
- Lab Work and Procedures Used to Diagnose Myeloma
- Anatomy of the Bone
- Bone Biopsy
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Bone Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the Bones, Joints, and Soft Tissues
About Your Diagnosis
- How Does My Doctor Know I Have Multiple Myeloma?
- I've Just Been Told I Have Multiple Myeloma
- Multiple Myeloma Prognosis
- Understanding the Stages of Multiple Myeloma
Deciding on Treatment
- Ways to Treat Multiple Myeloma
- Types and Goals of Treatment for Multiple Myeloma
- Treatments for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternative Treatments for Multiple Myeloma
- Immunotherapy/Biological Therapy
- Multiple Myeloma: Chemotherapy and Targeted Therapy
- Radiation Therapy for Multiple Myeloma
- Stem Cell Transplant for Myeloma
- Treating Multiple Myeloma with Autologous Stem Cell Transplant
- Five Phases of Autologous Stem Cell Transplant
Living with Myeloma
Understanding and Managing Side Effects
- Tell Your HealthCare Team How You Feel During Treatment for Multiple Myeloma - COMING SOON
- Fatigue: Management
Specific Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Anemia and Chemotherapy
- Hair Loss and Chemotherapy
- Skin/Nails and Chemotherapy
- Appetite/Taste Changes and Chemotherapy
- Nausea/Vomiting and Chemotherapy
- Diarrhea and Chemotherapy
- Constipation and Chemotherapy
- Managing Mucositis