At your first visit to the myeloma center, you will meet an attending physician who will review your prior medical records, take a medical history, perform a physical exam, and then work with you to develop a treatment plan for your disease. Expect the first visit to take 1 – 2 hours.
To help expedite the delivery of care, please fill out the New Patient Assessment form below to the best of your ability and fax it to the office (212) 746-8961 before your visit.
It is also very important that prior to your appointment, you forward by fax, FedEx, mail, or email the following items:
- All pathology reports
- All radiology reports (PET/CT, MRI, CT, x-rays) – films are not needed
- All prior oncology or hematology doctor notes
- All recent laboratory (blood/urine test) reports
- Chemotherapy flow sheets, if you have received any chemotherapy treatment in the past
- Any insurance referrals, if required by your company. These may be brought with you to your appointment.
- Bone marrow biopsy slides, if a biopsy has already been taken. The slides may be brought with you to your appointment. If these are unavailable, expect that a repeat bone marrow biopsy may be performed in order to reassess your disease status.
Lack of the information above may result in treatment delays or repeat testing.
At the Doctor’s Office: What to Expect and Who You Will Meet