At your first visit to the myeloma center, you will meet an attending physician who will review your prior medical records, take a medical history, perform a physical exam, and then work with you to develop a treatment plan for your disease. Expect the first visit to take 1 – 2 hours.
To help expedite the delivery of care, please fill out the New Patient Assessment form below to the best of your ability and fax it to the office (212) 746-8961 before your visit.
It is also very important that prior to your appointment, you forward by fax, FedEx, mail, or email the following items:
- All pathology reports
- All radiology reports (PET/CT, MRI, CT, x-rays) – films are not needed
- All prior oncology or hematology doctor notes
- All recent laboratory (blood/urine test) reports
- Chemotherapy flow sheets, if you have received any chemotherapy treatment in the past
- Any insurance referrals, if required by your company. These may be brought with you to your appointment.
- Bone marrow biopsy slides, if a biopsy has already been taken. The slides may be brought with you to your appointment. If these are unavailable, expect that a repeat bone marrow biopsy may be performed in order to reassess your disease status.
Lack of the information above may result in treatment delays or repeat testing.